Wednesday 28 September 2011

Doctor Who Cakes

I like a good cake.  I like Doctor Who.  Obviously this post should be about Kojak and lollypops...

There are some creative people out there on the internet.  Baking away, day after day.  Creating delights of TARDIS blue or gun metal Dalek grey.  I salute you proud bakers of the internet, this page is for you( but sadly no bud, can't have you drinking and baking) 

The first cake I'd like to share was baked by the sweetly named Michelle Sugar Art.

Ok, its throwing everything but the kitchen sink into it but its a hit; and it lights up in the dark!  Sure there won't be a lot to go around ( unless that TARDIS truly is bigger on the inside) but the cute little K9 makes up for that.

Next up we've got Exterminate by Chocolate 


Yeah its a mess.  But who cares, its got enough choccy in it to stop both the Doctors hearts at once for every incarnation simultaneously.  And the sweet (see what i did there) people at chocablog are kind enough to give you the recipe.

Of course not everyone hits the mark.
These deformed inhabitants of Skaro look more like the things that should be inside the case.   God loves a tryer but I don't.... so moving swiftly on.

No wait, there's a ruddy army of them!!!


Run away!!!!

Right, back on topic.  The nice people over at RiverFrontTimes have saved me a bit off effort by finding even more cakes, go have a look and have a little nibble.

This is so wrong.. but so very right.... slurp!

Daleks seem overly popular.  So far I've not seen a single Ice Warrior, Yeti or Sontaran cake!  Come on people, just because you've got pepperpots to model them on in your very own kitchen doesn't mean you should stick to Daleks! 

I'm laying down a challenge for all who fan cooks out there, get off your ladles and get some classic who cakes cooking!  The Flan has spoken.  Now fetch me a spork so I can have oodles off ood!

No comments:

Post a Comment